Monday 2 March 2009

Yes, you've guessed it!!

It has taken me a while to post because I have been rather upset because the ducks have flown away. We have been driving around the village and walking to all the nearby ponds, (of which there are hundreds) trying to find them. As you can imagine, the french neighbours have been wetting themselves, because they can't understand the "strange english" looking for their "pet ducks" who can fly away if they find them!!! When I see it in black and white it is rather funny, but we have found them. They are on a pond, all three still together, just over the field that is attached to our garden, so we can almost see them from where we are. Any ideas on how we can get them back! At the moment, we are going over there every day, with some food and a net, so they get used to seeing both, and we will try and get them in a few days. If it doesn't work, we know we have tried, and should it work, they will have their wings clipped straight away. Keep your fingers crossed that I can get Thomas, Poppy and Duck safely and soon. Having said that, they have found the most wonderful pond, HUGE. Why would they want to come back to ours, apart from the love we can give them?

I am now counting down to when our two daughters come to visit us. They arrive here on the 13th and leave very early on the 16th, so not long, but oh how I'm looking forward to it. What a way to celebrate our 40 years married. We will make sure we enjoy every moment.

Hello to all my family and friends in the UK, especially to my sister Hilary who is an angel in disguise. She is doing so much for my mum and dad, and even though I know I shouldn't, I do feel guilty that I'm not there. We are going back again and staying with them in April, so not long to go. Dad is feeling a little better with his back, but still has various tests to go through, so he is feeling a bit low. Talk to you all again soon, I will keep you posted on the duck front.

5 comments:

Clare said...

Can't wait to be there...looking forward to you
Love You Guys
Clare
x

aims said...

Oh my goodness - what a saga Hazel!

I hope you can get them back again.
I haven't a clue what you could use besides fake ducks (decoys)secured in the pond and lots of food out.

Vixbil said...

Can't wait to be there either and selfishly looking forward to sleep.

Love you
xx

apple tree quilter said...

I was beginning to wonder if you'd lost them. You tell your stories with such enthusiasm and fun. I always look forward to your blog. Hope you and Richard enjoy the girls while they visit. Maybe if you haven't got the ducks back by then, the four of you can gang up on them!!!!!

Vicky T said...

Ha! I cant help but smile - what selfish ducks you have not to stay put in one place - sounds just like my children! Love the duck colours too - al snowy x