Wednesday 19 August 2009

The Aftermath

I suppose I should be pleased that I can join the blogging world again, but I'm not because it means that I have access to the room where the children have been sleeping for the past 4.5 weeks. How quiet it all is. The beds are taken up and stripped of their bedding, a few toys still scattered across the floor because I haven't the heart to pick them up, books left ready for me to read to them, but they have all gone back today and I am rather sad. Richard has gone back with them to help with the driving and he will be away for a week, so as I look out into the garden and see 3 empty swings gently moving in the air and a child's hammock lying empty I will wallow in my sadness for just a while.

When you read this Vicki, I have loved having you here with the children and only hope that you enjoyed it too, enough to come back again next year, hopefully with Bill being able to stay a while longer. I do realise it was too long for you and the children without him, but thankyou. God bless, I love you all. See you when we come back in September.

4 comments:

aims said...

There is always sadness after much happiness.

Hold your memories close Hazel. Your family is what makes you so happy. You are lucky.

Looks and sounds like you had a wonderful time. And I wouldn't worry - they'll be back. You're a magnet.

Living the Dream said...

Thanks aims for popping by and once again giving me such a lovely comment.

Vixbil said...

Oh Moomin, we had a wonderful time and will definitely be back next year!!!!
Also, see you in 3 weeks
xxxxxxxxx
I love you too
x

softinthehead said...

Hazel lovely to have you back even though it does mean your family have gone home. The arrival on my granddaughter has really brought home to me the enormity of moving to France, it is a long way from Canada. :)