Wednesday 26 May 2010

Lost in France ........

As the title suggests we are Lost in France, but not the country, our garden, amongst the weeds that have grown since we have been away. What is it they say, if you can't beat them join them? So I picked some for indoors. We were very lucky and our lovely neighbours mowed the lawn for us, but the weeds were waiting for us on our return. Still, I suppose it is the growing season so we can't expect anything else. Our little cat Sophie has been very well looked after by David our neighbour but she hasn't left us alone since we have been back and I haven't had the heart to tell her we won't be here for long. Bless her, she is such a poppet. David says he gives her lots of cuddles, but obviously he can't be here all the time and they are never enough. Of course we don't know how long we are going to be away next time so it will be hard leaving her again.

We have been keeping very busy since we have been back so not much time to think of the horrid few months ahead of us. Enjoying the sunshine and getting warmth on our bodies and building up our fitness for the next adventure in our lives. We will be leaving here 2nd week in June so it is a matter of closing the house down and tucking her up for a while. Worst case scenario, it could be 6 months, so a long time to be away from our home. I am madly trying to put together craft work that I can take back with me, although mum and my sister always have lots of projects to do. I will spend many a happy hour with them while we are back in the UK.

Dad is getting along a little better again now with his leg, but he has had to have another injection in his eye. Yuk! I can't begin to imagine what that must be like. Bless him. Lots of love mum and dad and see you soon. Keep the B&B open for us.

I will try and post again before we go back, but I will say cheerio and God bless for now, talk to you all again soon. Thank you to everyone for all your good wishes.

A message to the Smith family, "Sorry if there are some spelling mistakes or typos, but I'm sure you will tell me about them when I get home"!!! Lots of love.

3 comments:

Vixbil said...

Love you moomin
xx

apple tree quilter said...

You're both in our thoughts and prayers. Stay strong! Love as always, Sharlene & Ron

aims said...

My thoughts go with you both Hazel.

I hope all goes well and you are back in your lovely French house sooner than you think.