Sunday 21 November 2010

Last post for a little while

As the title says, this will be the last message I post for a little while because Richard and I are off to my mum and dads again tomorrow, so no computer access.  We are going over to my mums because on Friday Richard GOT THE ALL-CLEAR and we are heading back home.  The cancer in his blood was undetectable which is fabulous news and we don't have to be checked again until the end of February.  As with all these big decisions it has been a hard one to make.  On the one hand we are desperate to be in our own home again, but we have never had a Christmas without any of our family around us so it will be quiet, restful, peaceful but very sad without our children.  Time for us to be rather selfish though and I know my mum wants us to be here for the holidays, but dad understands that we need time to heal and rewind our batteries.  My mum knows that as well, and I quite understand why she wants us to stay here because I want to stay for the same reason but.................  Back again in February.

We looked after our beautiful girls today because their mummy went to Brighton to run a 10K and William went with his daddy to cheer her on.  She made it and did really well so we are very proud of her.  The girls behaved for nannie and grampie; they couldn't go because they have horrid coughs, and we had a pyjama morning and watched Bambi, Dumbo AND Snow White.  How cool was that??

Well, now we are planning when we return home and hopefully, this time next week we will be back.  Very strange.  It will be so good to see all our friends again and our little Sophie, so the next time I will be blogging it will be from home.

4 comments:

Clare said...

It will be a little weird for us all this year I think...but you deserve the rest! LOVE YOU BOTH
xxx

softinthehead said...

Wonderful news about Richard. Enjoy your time with your family.

apple tree quilter said...

Couldn't think of any btter news this time of year! Hurray for Richard! Please do write when you've settled back at home.

aims said...

I am sooooo happy to hear Richard's news! Absolutely fabulous!!

You'll both do much better at home - wait and see!