Wednesday 15 December 2010

OK my girls, it's done

Well we have finally got around to looking out our Christmas decorations and seeing what we have got here.  The trouble is, since we have been here in France, we have never put up any decorations because we have always gone back to the UK to be with the family, so it was a bit of job and even now, we haven't found all of them.  As I am typing this Richard is trying to fix the old lights we have, I say old because they were from when I was a child so HUGE sentimental value.  I will be so disappointed if we can't get them to work, but because they don't at the moment, we haven't put up a Christmas tree but we still have some twinkly lights as you will see.

Nativity scene in the bread oven

Twinkly lights over the fireplace in the lounge

My very own choristers made by my lovely friend Di and myself

Fireplace in the kitchen, excuse the aprons
At least it looks a little festive and to be honest I wasn't sure I was going to put anything up at all because this year is rather strange for us, but at the end of the day, it is still Christmas and needs to be celebrated.  Perhaps tomorrow I may even make some mince pies and crack open the mulled wine, I will let you know on that one.

I have to tell you, I am so excited, but I have won the most adorable present and you can see it here http://bigbluebarnwest.blogspot.com/2010/12/one-last-giveaway.html  Thanks so much aims I can't wait to receive it.  Now I just have to decide what to do with it.....

We are slowly getting the house back to normal again but we still have mice.  They are very clever little things and avoid the trap and go straight for the food!!!  Can't blame them really because secretly I'm quite relieved they live to fight another day, just not in my kitchen!!!!!!! or bedroom!!!!!

Well I will say cheerio to you all and much love to all my family and friends.  Thank you for all your good wishes for my birthday which was on Monday and I had some really scrummy presents.  Of course, being a "nannie" I particularly loved having Happy Birthday sung to me by my grandchildren.  Talk again soon.  God bless one and all.

3 comments:

Clare said...

Very festive...love the bread oven!!
Clare
x

apple tree quilter said...

Great decorations! Now, would you please come to my house and do mine? Have absolutely no holiday spirit this year. We baked cookies last week and I thought that would help, but none so far.

Happy belated birthday. One good thing, you'll never be as old as me! Sharlene

apple tree quilter said...

What a cute pin and very much you!!! Congratulations!