Thursday 24 March 2011

Garden Time

We have been really busy in the garden again trying to get on top of things as the weather has been absolutely wonderful and beautifully warm.  The grass is growing so quickly and needs mowing every few days and that is taking so much time.  The first thing to do when we walk into the garden is stop to look at and take a really good long smell of this fabulous shrub.  We brought it from the UK with us and it has never looked as good as it does this year and it is one of my favourite scents, just amazing.
Viburnum Carlesii
The next thing to do is bring out my lovely garden bag that my mum and dad bought for me for our wedding anniversary.  Richard got a new end for the hose pipe.  Strange gifts but much needed.  I love my bag and kneeler because it is so girly.

Lots of pockets for all sorts of goodies
Yesterday we planted about 70 onions, some of which are for keeping so hopefully we will learn the french art of plaiting the onions and perhaps I may be able to hang some on the handlebars of my bike!!

Not a good photo, all lying down, wait a couple of days and I will show you again
The last thing to do after a day in the garden is to stop and look at the sunsets, they are amazing at the moment.

I hope you are all well and I will talk again soon.  God bless.

5 comments:

aims said...

I guess you need to come and have a peek over at my place.

Love the bag - the garden - that bush!

Vixbil said...

I just love that sunset....miss you
xxxxxx

apple tree quilter said...

As I told Clare, I am very envious of your springtime! We've been beset with the March winds. It is very wearing on the nerves. We hope to get some moisture this weekend as we have only had 3 inches of snow this month and usual is 20". So keep sending the beautiful pix and I'll keep drooling!!!

apple tree quilter said...

How are the onions doing?

Magento Themes said...

wow great pictures.. I love this sunset image.. Its really great to when sunset... those flowers are great. Thanks for this nice blog. Magento Themes