Tuesday 15 March 2011

Gosh, here's me back so soon

I can't believe I'm here again so soon, but it started drizzling with rain just after I had planted some strawberries - good for the strawberries, not so good for our gardening afternoon, so here I am.  The two photos I have here are certainly different and I just hope you can see the second one clearly enough.  After being away from the house for so long we are desperately trying to rip out brambles and get rid of pots with dead plants in.  You will see what I mean from the first photo........

Why on earth don't I throw this away??
Bless their little hearts, this is the reason.  A large family of tree frogs
Now for a couple of things I have finished and which I am working on.  The Debbie Bliss wash cloth is such a lovely item to take to our craft group because it is small and you don't have to think much while you are doing it.  I have made one already and I think they will make a lovely gift with a special hand-made soap.

Gilet - A finished item for myselft - very unusual for me!!


I was very pleased with the way this turned out except for the fact that it makes me look even bigger than I am, but the yarn is fabulous, it was James C Brett - Marble Chunky.  They produce this yarn in different colours so I may be tempted to use it again.  Also, I have been asked by 3 different people if I could make them one, but I have declined even though I loved knitting this particular garment.
Love the texture of this moss stitch
Well, I think that's about it for now, can't go too mad!!  Need to go and start our dinner, we need to make it a bit special as we have been married 42 years today, my, how time flies when you're having fun.  Talk to you again soon.

4 comments:

apple tree quilter said...

Congratulations on your 42 years! Not many of us around. Just love your knitting projects. Wish I could get the bug to start again. I do love crochetting (sp) as it goes so fast, but I appreciate the knitting patterns so much more. Starting a hand applique quilt this week. Wish me luck.

apple tree quilter said...

Have you made any further progress on the Celtic Knot quilt?

Living the Dream said...

Been rather slow on that Sharlene, didn't take all the gear I needed to the UK last year but I am hoping to do some more this year.

Unknown said...

wow...great post. this is nice to see those things. I like that shirt and what about yours woolen work?
Thanks for this post.
Ecommerce website development