Thursday 14 April 2011

Spring

The call of the cuckoo, the buzz of the bee
This is the sound of spring to me,
The smell of the lilacs, the leaves on the tree
This is the meaning of spring to me

I was reading in bed, very dark, past midnight
Was amazed at the moon and the stars, how bright,
But as I listened, something seemed very wrong
Then realized I was hearing my first nightingale's song.

This morning the mountains are in their best gowns,
The sun glinting off them, how can I feel down?
We are preparing now for our friends to arrive,
Yes, spring has burst forth, time to feel alive.

So life doesn't always go the way we would like,
Bad decisions, ill health, any time may strike,
But on a day like today when you feel the sun's rays
Just sometimes the "yeas" outweigh the "nays"

The tulips my sister gave me
 in the box my girls gave me

Perfection




4 comments:

apple tree quilter said...

How I love your tulips. Is the poem yours? Loved it, too. It's snowing today, happy spring!

aims said...

What a lovely poem and your flowers are gorgeous!

Now come over and see my last couple of posts. :0)

Magento Themes said...

Nice tulip pictures!!! These are really great to see. I just love tulips and poem too.
Thanks for this great blog.Magento Themes

The Nurse said...

Lovely flowers!!