Wednesday 12 June 2013

I think it's time I came back

I don't know why I stopped posting but time has just vanished, so no excuses, though I think maybe I should try again.  This is just me dipping my toe in the water to see if anyone is out there.  Later on I will sort out some photos and get back to normal again.

The weather here has been dreadful and we were even up at 5.30am on Friday making and filling sand bags to stop the water coming into the house.  Luckily the water stayed about 1 foot away from the front door.  Very scary.  The last couple of days has been lovely and warm but we are due to have the rain back again.  Our pond is still overflowing and we can't get anywhere near it because of the boggy ground so if we have more rain, goodness knows what will happen.  We have never had this amount of rain in this part of France, it's the wettest May on record.  We have just planted some tomatoes and courgettes and we hope we don't see them floating down the road!!!

This year I was very lucky to go on a quilting retreat in Kentucky and it was absolutely amazing.  I will try and sort out some photos to give you some idea of what it was like.

I will close this post now and hopefully I will be able to continue these posts but make them more interesting.

I hope someone is out there ............

3 comments:

Vixbil said...

I'm still here :)

donnapaperscissors said...

Lovelovelove your house. And your darling bantie hens! I was your next door blog neighbor tonite, and Injust want to tell you that when it comes to sporadic posters, you are not alone - I was neglectful for 3 months - my Etsy shop sucked up my free time.
Stop and visit me - wait a day or two 'til I get some great garden pictures up, though - I'm at donnapaperscissors.
Night (omg I'm up way too late - not good)
Best, Donna

dND said...

I'm still here too but like you I have no idea where time is going these days. I'm also trying to blog a bit again but doing seems to take up blogging time too. Deborah