Sunday 22 February 2009

"D" Day has arrived

Well the day has arrived and today we went to pick up our 3 call ducks. We thought it would be very difficult to catch them, but in fact it only took us about 20 minutes. You have to realise that their wings haven't been clipped so they could have just flown off. Bless them they didn't, so we now have Thomas, Poppy and Duck installed in their enclosure for the next 3 days so they can get adjusted and know that this is their new home. They are so pretty, we just know we are going to spend a lot of time just looking at them. My son-in-law and a very good friend of ours, Brian is going to look at this photo and cringe because they would know how to take the photo without having the wire netting showing. I don't know how to do it so sorry guys, I will learn from you later. My 3 grandchildren, who named the ducks, I'm sorry I can't tell you which is which from this photo, but once they are outside I will try and do better. We will soon get to know them hopefully.

Apart from getting ducks ready, I have been busy making tulips. We have been invited to a birthday party and it is a friend who lives in the next village. We have never bought each other presents before and not even cards, and I didn't want to go without anything at all, so I thought I would make her a little bunch of tulips. Here they are, and they are such fun to do, I hope you like them. In fact I took them along to the sewing group I go to and they loved them so we will have a little workshop making them.
Smokey's leg is now completely dried up and the fur is beginning to grow, but we think he is going to be a high maintenance cat as he is always getting into scraps. Does it make us love him less, not on your life.
Now for the really BIG news. In my last blog I said that I was getting rather depressed about our Ruby wedding anniversary which is on the 15th March. We just didn't know what to do to celebrate, it just wouldn't be the same without my family. Well...... my girls are coming over for the weekend, they arrive on the Friday and go back early Monday morning. You should have seen us when we got the phone call, both weeping, great big softies. Now that I have written this I am wondering if I told you this in my last post, if so, sorry, I'm just so excited :-)

4 comments:

apple tree quilter said...

I heard about the surprise from Vicki's blog. It would have been almost heart-stopping had they been able to get to your house from the airport without you picking them up. Maybe this way is just as exciting and healthier!!!

Love your tulips. Are they made of feathers or what? I can see why you are teaching a workshop on them, they are wonderful.

The ducks are precious. I loved going to the Eider farm in Germany to shop for comforters. They always had a couple of thousand white ducks and geese running around. Noisy, but fun!

aims said...

How wonderful that your girls are coming for your anniversary! Oh Hazel! Happy times!

The ducks are darling and I love the tulips! What are they made of?

Rach said...

They are beautiful looking ducks and it is great news that your girls are coming over to visit you on your anniversary.

Vixbil said...

Can't wait
xx