Wednesday 11 February 2009

Spring is here - oh no, it's gone

We had a few lovely days, warm enough for us to eat a snack lunch outside and I have a couple of snowdrops out and a lot of crocus and even a miniature iris. They just make you feel so good don't they? Having said that, the sun didn't last long and we now have high winds again and sleety rain coming down in stair rods!! Great!

Smokey is certainly feeling better, his leg is healing nicely and we are just waiting for his fur to grow, then he will look normal again. He is into such mischief and is a joy to have around, we were so very lucky to have him walk into the garden and say "Would you take care of me and love me?" No! Really, he did, I heard it :-)

My new year's resolution is to make more time for my quilting so there may be a few pictures later on down the line. I have decided which celtic knot block to do next, I just need to draw it out on the fabric and get going. The sewing room is rather cold, so once it is drawn out, at least I can then bring it downstairs to do in the evenings. I was asked in my comments by Jacky about quilt shows and shops in the Gers. Don't hold your breath Jacky, I haven't found a fabric shop yet that I would say sold "quilting fabrics". That is one thing I really miss. Thank goodness for internet shopping!! As for quilt shows, NOTHING at all in this area. Should you be in our area though, we would certainly make you most welcome for a cup of tea and a chat about quilting. I tried to look you up by clicking on your name, but assume you don't have a blog?? If you leave me another comment, there must be some way we can get in touch without putting personal information on here.

My dad is still on the road to recovery and I am so grateful that my wonderful sister lives close by to them because she does so much for them. Thanks sis. I love you. I hope Ron is feeling better, did he get to the dentist?

I promise I will try and take some photos and make this more interesting, but for now I will say cheerio. Take care one and all, much love to my girls, their husbands and of course my beautiful grandchildren.

4 comments:

Debra in France said...

I believe you about Smokey asking to be taken in, my little Misty did exactly the same thing. I can't wait to see more of your quilting. I am addicted to knitting at the moment, Ian is getting worried that he may end up with knitted underpants!

apple tree quilter said...

You're right about strays. They always ask so nicely if they can stay. Let's see, of the 8 cats we have 4 have been strays who wondered in. By the way five of the cats are barn cats to keep the mice and moles population down. Now if I can find a dog to do the same with the cottontails. They have been really busy procreating this year!!!

Gosh, can't wait to see your new block. I'm working on a Williamsburg Basket at the moment for my friend who lives in Williamsburg, Virginia. I'll be sure to send a picture when I finish. Also, have four tops to quilt for customers. The one on the machine is a flower pattern made entirely from scraps. Will send a picture when I finish it. Shar

Jacky said...

Thanks for the reply in your blog.I am going to try and set up a blog so that we can share some more information - it would be great to share some quilting over tea in the summer. Weather still awful here in north west, cold, rainy and icy but a few daffodils struggling to get through.

aims said...

Oh Hazel. I almost feel like I've been for a visit!

We will still have snow here for months. Sounds horrible doesn't it? But you get use to it.

The thought of seeing some new flowers is lovely. I will have to wait. Fortuantely I have an Iris about to bloom indoors so I will have some colour soon.