Saturday 23 May 2009

A Sad Day

A very sad day for me today because we have got rid of our beautiful ducks. Poor Poppy went off looking for somewhere else to make a nest and she just chose the wrong garden by going into a neighbours, and this neighbour wasn't very happy about it, and told us so!! We were told to fence in all our garden which we can't possibly afford to do, put them in a pen, or someone will end up killing the ducks. As you can imagine, I don't want them in a pen, I can't see the point, the whole enjoyment we have had is watching them dibbling about in the garden. They have given us hours of pleasure but no more. We called the friends who had given them to us in the first place and they said they would have them back, no problem, so now we are duckless and very sad. At the end of the day, we don't want to cause any unpleasantness because we have got on very well with everyone and we don't want this to change, I just hope she realises how many tears were shed this morning.

Anyway, enough of that, Richard and I were taken for a walk in the mountains, our first real walk up in them and oh my goodness the views were amazing. The first walk we couldn't do because it was closed due to risk of avalanches so we went for another one. Unfortunately this was a lot harder than the first one our friends had planned and Richard and I both found it very hard. The good thing about going now is that the snow is melting and the waterfalls were out of this world. Also, all the wild flowers are coming out and how on earth do they grow out of rock. You will see from the single flower picture that it has no earth at all, just this beautiful violet. You will also see from the next photo that my poor hubby was very tired, as was I but you can't see that because I was taking the photo :-) We had a lovely picnic and a really good day but oh did we sleep well that night.

I may not be posting again for a couple of weeks because we are back in the UK next week because our youngest daughter and her husband are moving to Penzance so dad needs to do a bit of DIY. Keep well everyone and I will chat with you all on my return.

4 comments:

aims said...

Ahhh!

I'm so sorry you had to get rid of the ducks. What an unkind neighbour you have there. A little patience goes a long way with neighbours. Too bad she doesn't have any. I know how much you enjoyed them Hazel.

Give Smokie and extra cuddle.

apple tree quilter said...

Sorry you had to get rid of the ducks. What a Quack your neighbor must be. Was that a threat that "someone would kill the ducks"?

Okay, I want a picture of Richard in a pirate's hat. Isn't he the Pirate of Penzance from the musical? Sure seems to me!!! Have a good visit and DO NOT WORK too hard. I know how it is and you two are no differend from Ron and me.

Living the Dream said...

aims - it is no hardship giving Smokey an extra cuddle, he is so adorable. Even when he is lying on your lap, he has to extend his paw so that he is touching flesh, usually my neck.
Sharlene: You know exactly what it's like, we will work hard and love it. Pirate of Penzance?? Yes he could do that. It's a shame because the neighbour is actually very nice and has helped us a lot, perhaps just a very bad day for her.

Clare said...

Bless Dad looks pooped!
C
xx