Sunday 27 January 2008

How Excited am I???

Hi everyone,

I cannot tell you how excited I was to see I have some comments on my blog. When I saw there were some there I assumed they would be from my family and friends but what a thrill to have them from people I don't know......yet. Thank you from the bottom of my heart, you have made me very happy, so much so that I had to call my daughter straight away and tell her, and she said she had already seen them. I was doing a little dance around the kitchen, poor Richard thought I had lost it I think. I haven't yet worked out how you have found me, but I am so glad you did and I will try and find you, just give me time.

We woke this morning to look out of the bedroom window and the snow on the Pyrenees was glistening in the sunlight. It reminded me of crystals catching the sun through a window. While we were having breakfast we were watching 5 deer in the field just beyond our garden and they were having a wonderful time. It made us think that spring is around the corner. What joy. I am going to try and post another photo, one that I love. I took this picture of our swallows who come back to the house year after year. They are an absolute joy and don't bother with us at all, they really are very tame.
Richard has been busy today making a rather large hole in the floor ready for a staircase to go in. It's surprising what you can do when you put your mind to it. We had our lunch outside again but would you believe it was too hot to sit in the sun for too long. A good day for Living the Dream?? I think so.
Well I have my picture there but I'm not too happy about my layout. I wish I was better at this or had someone beside me who knew what they were doing. You will no doubt be seeing lots of changes in the coming weeks, but I'll get there in the end.
How often should I write my blog I ask myself, I would love to write it every day, but surely people would just get bored wouldn't they? Having said that, my friend Florence, if she doesn't write every day I get really disappointed, I can't wait to read what she has been doing. When I know how, I will put a link to her blog. Don't know how to do that yet....
I have just popped back on here to say I have tried and tried to make some links to other blogs but I just can't work out how to do it. Will try again tomorrow.

7 comments:

Breezy said...

Hi just popped over from Debra's blog usually we're her next door but one neighbours but we are in the UK at the moment and she has got the benefit of our chickens. Your house looks wonderful and I really envy you sitting outside. Bon courage

softinthehead said...

Hello, I have come over from Debra's blog and you write as often as you want, I check every day. Also for help to add links -

Go to Customize
click on template
click on add a page element
click on add a link list
(then put in your links using the http of everyone)
then make sure you save it all or it disappears

Thank you to aims (and The Man)for these easy instructions. Good luck.

A Mother's Place is in the Wrong said...

Hi, I've come from Debra as well - and was going to pass on the instructions, but SITH has already done it - mine came via Aims as well. Welcome to the world of Blogging Friends - it's great fun and very interesting mostly. Your house looks just lovely. Look forward to reading more.
Regards, Margot.

Debra in France said...

Hi Hazel, Glad you have had some more visitors. I have really enjoyed reading your blog - write more!!! Debra xx

Frankofile said...

Found my way here, via debra, via - can't remember. Woozling time away instead of working... delighted to have found you. I too have abandoned offspring (though we skype call/video, phone, email and text loads). Tell me, should I start quilting? Have a chance to join a new group.

aims said...

I just loved the pic of the birds...I couldn't figure out what it was at first - but once I focused...I went - ahhh

Too cute!

Florence Knapp (Flossie Teacakes) said...

Hi Hazel, I knew you'd become addicted - your blog is looking fantastic! Love the birds too (although you know my feelings about healthy proximity to nature...so you have my admiration that you find those lizards scuttling round your house sweet!).

x