Thursday 31 January 2008

Welcome Clarabelle

I have learned a lot today, and there have been a few changes to my blog. I have been speaking with my daughter because she is rather "techie" and she has been an absolute star. She isn't a blogger so some of the things I was asking her, she didn't understand, so, being the wonderful daughter she is, she has become a blogger so she can help her aged mother. How on earth she has managed to create such a beautiful site in such a short time I have no idea, but please visit her blog she is clarabellesprinkles. I am so proud of her I could burst.

Richard has finished the staircase today with Ian and they have made a brilliant job of it. At least we can now get up into the attic of the barn and begin to get our heads around the fact that "this is going to be our guest suite". The fun part now of planning and building mud walls, laying floors, putting in a bathroom etc. Did I mention this was going to be a long project?

I would like to say to everyone of you who have left me comments, I am making my way through your blogs and they are fantastic, and Clare talked me through how to send my comments today, so I will be with you in the near future. Does anyone else take this long to get their head around this or is it just me? Perhaps best not to answer that.

Well I think my head is "full up" now and needs a bit of a rest so I will get my knitting out I think. Talk to you all again soon.

3 comments:

dND said...

Thanks for you kind comments on my blog. I do so enjoy reading other peoples blogs as well as writing mine even though I've never been able to write a diary.

You do seem to have a lot to do and have been making amazing progress. Have you lived there long? I couldn't work out if this was a new house but you've lived in France for a while or you were new to France.

As for getting used to bloging I think it gets easier the more you do it because you realise what things can be done. I think you've done really well there too, lots of people would have given up without even trying. You are obviously young at heart.

Have you discovered Google reader? it's on the 'more' option at the top left of the google home page. You can list the blogs you are interested in and it will tell you if they've been updated. I've 19 blogs I like to visit regularly, now I only go to them when they are updated whereas before I spent ages just checking to see if there was anything new.

MrsJ said...

You are doing brilliantly! It takes time - and the best way of learning is 'as you go along!'

If you have any questions/queries about blogging - I would be happy to have a go at helping.

I have been blogging for a year or so - and have picked it up as I went along!

Jacqui U

aims said...

I agree - you are doing wonderfully! We all started out in the same boat - so don't feel bad.