Friday 1 February 2008

Spring is on its way

The mountains had certainly come out to play this morning and were all white and sparkling in the sunshine. It just makes it so much easier to get up doesn't it when the weather is good? Richard had to be out early this morning to move our little 1935 Austin 10 out of a neighbour's barn because they were having the electricians in, so it was fingers crossed as to whether she would start. Bless her, she did. We can't wait to get her fully insured over here in France, then we can go for some runs out for picnics, (in between mud walling and flooring of course). Her name is Dorothy and here she is.

I was clearing round the base of the trees today and I had to stop because I found out I was disturbing all these beautiful bright green tree frogs. I suppose they were hibernating and I had no idea they were there. Poor little things didn't know what had happened. Having said that, it was a great way to see them close up. I did take a photo but it was very blurred and I deleted it, so I may have to go and disturb one tomorrow, just for a photo!! While I was out in the garden, I found a lot of my bulbs, snowdrops, crocus, miniature iris, daffodils and tulips. I thought these had been eaten by mice, so I was thrilled to bits to see them. Spring is on its way.
With it being the 1st February today, we took the HUGE step of putting the french plates on the car. How strange it looks to see our car with these on, very alien.
Richard has almost finished the stairs going up into the barn attic, just the finishing touches today making it all secure. This of course is a photo of the underside, but I still think they look very good for a first attempt. Bravo Richard and Ian. They look very steep in the picture, but they aren't really, a bit like our stairs in the UK, so nothing too daunting for the old knees!
I was going to tell you about the quilt block I have just finished sewing, but I think this will have to be another day as I have a few piccies to show you.
Gosh, it's nearly time for the Archers. I know, I know, sad, but remember we don't have a television. Talk again soon. Thank you for coming to visit.

1 comment:

aims said...

The car is absolutely lovely! Looks in great condition too! How lovely your home sounds.