Saturday 16 February 2008

Baskets of little smiling faces

How long can this weather go on for, it is so warm and we are in spring/summer clothes, although we have very hard frosts in the mornings. Having said that, the farmers are desperate for rain because the ground is so hard and dry and the crops that were sewn have been eaten by the birds and done nothing. We don't mind obviously, but I suppose we will pay for it later on. We spent the day over at hubby's sister's house yesterday because his eldest sister was over from the UK for 5 days. We had a fantastic walk but in the evening the sunset was superb. I tried to take a photo, but I certainly need to improve on this front, I was trying to get the red sun with the outline of the trees in front of it. I know what it's supposed to look like anyway. There is something very special about a lovely sunset isn't there, it gives you warm and fuzzies.

Today I carried on with the preparing of the baskets ready for them to be planted out. I did find out that I didn't have enough pansies so I need to go to market on Monday and buy some more. I have taken a couple of photos to show what I have done so far. I think they are going to look very pretty when they are finished. They have such beautiful faces don't they, they are always smiling. You just can't be sad when you look at a pansy. Over here when you buy plants, whether it be summer bedding or anything, you can only buy them when they are in flower, they don't buy them like we do in the UK as small plants, not knowing what colour they are going to be, only by reading the plant labels. They believe in having an instant garden, so different to what I am used to. A really good productive day with the added bonus of a couple of friends dropping by for a cuppa in the afternoon, and then hubby and I sat having a drink watching the sun go down. Ho hum.................... Talk again soon.

3 comments:

aims said...

I think your basket planters look wonderful! What a great idea - do you mind if I steal it??

Living the Dream said...

Hi aims, of course I don't mind if you steal it, I would be honoured. Thank you for coming back to read my blog, I love the fact that you come back and don't find it too boring.
Hazel
xx

Vixbil said...

I love the pansies, I was just saying today that we need to get some as they are so pretty. The snowdrops are out though
Love,
Me
xx