Tuesday 5 February 2008

Micen or Denby

I do realise that isn't the correct spelling but just a play on words. Richard and I were looking at various bits and pieces we still have in store and went into our barn and thought we had better check the Denby dinner service we have there. We opened up the large laundry basket and saw that all the newspaper was eaten so here was a job that we hadn't intended for today!! It was the most glorious sunny day, we were in t-shirts so we brought out washing up bowls and started washing all the denby. It is incredible how these mice make their nests, they are so perfectly round, I took a photo but it doesn't show it up very well. All the paper is chewed up and inside the cup it looks like a birds nest. We didn't find any mice, though we were ready because we knew they would make us jump if one ran out. It would be just our luck to have transported the dinner set all this way without harm and then drop it because a mouse runs out of a teapot.

I was also unpacking some of my fabrics that were in store and I have brought them inside, so hopefully they won't smell "musty". My daughter who has started a blog clarabellesprinkles has decided it is time for her to start craft work again and I have found some fabulous fabric for her. I need to make up a parcel and send it over to the UK, but I only wish I was there when she unwraps it. It's just lovely having presents for no reason isn't it, it could be a flower, a poem, a hug or a smile, anything and it just gives you warm and fuzzies.

My other daughter has now started a blog Party of 5 and it is a brilliant way for me to feel close to them. I love being here in France, but there is no doubt that family and friends are very important to me and I miss them a lot, so every little helps.

At the moment, Marmalade is in her usual place, in her little bed on the sofa, next to Richard, I look over and the cat is gently snoring and Richard's head looks as though it may drop off if it falls forward with any more force. Isn't that just horrible when you are dropping off and your head jolts forward. You have to laugh though, he does look funny. Bless him.

4 comments:

ginny said...

Hi Hazel,
Thanks for saying hello on my blog ... hello to you too.

Your new life in France sounds fascinating and i look forward to returning and seeing all the changes as you renovate.

It's lovely that you and your daughters are blogging together and what a great way of keeping up to date with everyday news and thoughts. Blogging can be addictive but is also amazing and i have been bowled over with the amount of support there is from so many other bloggers.
Will come and visit again
ginny
x

Living the Dream said...

Hi Ginny,
Thank you for your comment, it is good to get them. I love this blogging especially with my daughters as well, it makes me feel close to them, as though they are inside my laptop.
Will stop by and visit your blog often.
Hazel
x

Vicky T said...

Hi Hazel, just thought I would let you know Ive been tuning in and stepping into your world. I am naturally inquisitive and cant help myself! Just to let you know Im still loving dressing my dolly - shes getting quite big now! (and did I say independent?? Feeds herself now - not sure where she gets that streak from??!!)

Living the Dream said...

Hi Vicki, How lovely to hear from you, I had no idea you went into my blog. I'm chuffed. So pleased you still enjoy dressing your dolly, bless her, I bet she is really growing.
I miss you all, but we do enjoy it out here. We are off to Spain tomorrow to do some shopping.
Love Hazel xxxx Love to all.