Sunday 10 February 2008

Another Day of Fun in the sun

I didn't think I would post anything today, but how can you let a day go by without having fun. As you know both my girls have blogs and my youngest daughter has just posted hers clarabellesprinkles and it is brilliant. She has been with my mum today, learning to knit, and use a sewing machine. What fun they must have had, I know my mum enjoyed it because I have spoken to her. She is 88 this year and hasn't wanted to do much for a little while, so this has really cheered her up and she said she was so thrilled to be able to teach something to one of her grandchildren. She really does hope that Clare will go round again because she loves getting all the "stuff" ready for Clare to be able to take home and start her stash. I got my mum into quilting when she was 80 and she is very good and has made some beautiful quilts, so perhaps this will just get her interest back and give her an incentive.

My other daughter Party of 5 has a really good blog as well, but she isn't into crafts at all, well not yet because of the children keeping her busy, so if there is anyone out there who writes about family life and wonders - is there anything out there other than nappies and clearing up toys, perhaps you would pop across to her blog and say hello. That way, you can keep each other sane.

Today, Richard and I were out in the garden all day, still clearing up and stacking and storing wood. I was allowed to play with my new toy today....... Why should the men have all the fun, boys and their toys. Well, no more, this lady wants to play!! While we were slaving away I noticed the Marmalade looking exhausted too. As you can see, she is really stressed with having these English people come to live in her house.




We were very lucky today because our french neighbour called me over and said she had been cooking and gave us some quiche for our lunch. It was soooo good. Who said the french aren't friendly, we have found them so welcoming here, we are so lucky with this village. We can't speak the language, though we try, yet they always stop to say hi, sorry, no, bonjour.

After lunch Richard finished making his rustic log store, attached to the back of the barn, so tomorrow is the last of the stacking of the wood. It will be brilliant to see the back of that job, our backs are rather sore. Are we made to be doing this at our age I wonder?? Hell no. We just have to take a day off every now and then, we have learned this the hard way, with bad backs etc, and to be honest, it's not too bad to sit and look at the scenery from time to time. What do they say, take time to stop and smell the flowers, well our mimosa is nearly out and I can't wait to smell that. I will have to take a photo when it comes out. Oh such much to do.....

3 comments:

dND said...

Hi Hazel,

I think all our backs are finding the new work a bit tough but it does keep you fit doesn't it.

The weather's been lovely up here in dept 47 too, it's quite unbelievable, I've had to have my sun hat on and will be buying the first lot of sunscreen tomorrow. I'm a redhead by birth so the sun turns me red very quickly.

I love your new toy too, looks like good fun.

Vixbil said...

Love what dad has done moomin and love reading about your day. love you xx

A Mother's Place is in the Wrong said...

What fun you are having, I really envy you. Have an #Award for your over on my Blog. Kind regards, Margot.