Wednesday 30 January 2008

What a Night

Gosh, talk about new experiences!! I thought it all happened with the building work in this house of ours, but we went round to some friends for a meal last night and they are quite musical and have various instruments, guitars, saxaphones, flute, recorders, tin whistles and I'm not sure what else. Well after the meal, these came out and we had a bit of a sing-song and I said I had always wanted to play the saxaphone and he let me have a try. Amazing. At first I couldn't get a note or sound out of it, but after a while I was getting some sounds and loving every minute of it. Once you get to "feel" the reed in your mouth and know how to hold it, you start to get the hang of it. I was so chuffed to be able to have the chance and he has even said that I can bring one of them home to practice. How cool is that. Mind you, it's a good job we live in a quiet area with not many neighbours!! All in all, it was a fabulous evening and we haven't laughed so much for a long long time. Richard was even singing and letting himself go, he never does that. Could have been the wine of course, I was nominated driver so he could indulge for a change.

Today he has been getting on with the staircase, though he did have a bit of a headache this morning......bless..... It is looking good and a very good friend came round to help him so they got a lot done. In fact Richard wouldn't have been able to do it at all without Ian so we are very grateful.


I thought I would show you a photo of the view we have from our garden. Of course, photos don't do it justice, but those are the pyrenees and we can look at them while sitting in bed having our cup of tea in the morning.


I still haven't got the page how I want it to look but I will keep trying. There is such a lot to learn and my poor brain hasn't worked so hard on technical things for a long time, so it must be good for me. I wonder if I have got any links to other blogs yet, I will have to go and view.

My daughter noticed that I have missed a day in posting a blog so it's good to know that my family read all about our antics. Hello girls, I will try not to embarrass you too much in my writings.







2 comments:

Clare said...

Hey Moomin - daughter number two here. Love the blog - makes us feel more in touch with you on a daily basis..and I am sure you won't embarass us TOO much...will you? xxx

aims said...

Just click on our names and you will be directed to our blogs. Then you have the link right there. Don't forget tho - that some blogs have different names than their http addy's.