Tuesday 21 October 2008

Flora and Fauna

Things have been reasonably quiet here and we have been busy working in the garden, tidying and planting onions and cabbages. We are like a couple of children as we plant them, this year being our first attempt at vegetable growing, we are so excited and can't wait to dig them up and try them. We have no idea how long that will be, I suppose we just keep looking and guess???

I thought I would show you this photo of Smokey, he had crept up to our bedroom and climbed up onto the bed and he had somehow knocked teddy down, or did teddy just go there for a cuddle. I couldn't resist taking the picture. Personally I think teddy just got cold and needed a warm from a friendly pussycat!!

I have now finished sewing the bias onto my latest celtic knot block so that is another toward the quilt! Only about 30 more to go!! Have I taken on too much I ask myself, probably is the answer but I do enjoy doing them and I will just have to break it up with doing other things in between. There are quite a few projects that I want to get on with, I just need to give them a bit of thought first. This is what I miss being here because I need to have a "like-minded" person to come around so we could "play" and get some ideas on the best way to do things. There is one particular thing I would like to make, and I can't say what it is, but I'm just not sure how to start. Oh Sharlene, I wish you lived a bit nearer :-)

The weather here has been fantastic, about 25 centigrade and the sunset the other night was beautiful. We went to Spain the other day to do a bit of shopping and when we stopped for a picnic there was this amazing grass hopper. I took the photo but he was about 3" long and had a lovely Jiminy Cricket face.






4 comments:

Vixbil said...

I miss you
xx

Clare said...

bless smokey is so cute.
xx
C

apple tree quilter said...

Your block is fantastic. I enlarged the picture and just love your foundation background. Lovely sheet music. You mentioned that you wished I lived nearer, but I'm available here and by telephone. I think we could tackle any project you have in mind. Let's just do it!!!

P.S. Loved the pic of Smokey.

aims said...

I know what you mean about sharing projects Hazel.

I don't have anyone close that knits and so I go on alone - working on things and wishing I could talk to someone about them or just share.

Don't forget Melanie over at Jellybeanangel. She loves quilting so much and always comes up with such inspirational things. I've asked her for some ideas for other bloggers and she's offered them up with a smile. A truly lovely person - like you.