Saturday 16 January 2010

Home again

Our travels are over for a while and we are back home in France, so no more suitcases to live out of. I love going back and being with my family more than anything, but the nomadic lifestyle isn't for me.




We had a fantastic visit and managed to stay with all our family, my parents for the longest and they are really well though struggling a bit with the snow they have had since Christmas. We were actually very lucky because if we hadn't left the UK when we did, we would probably only have got home a couple of days ago, the roads were completely impassable. We had a wonderful week with Clare and Kenny in Cornwall, with no snow there and it was good to be able to walk into the town, looking at the sea and just enjoying the amazing scenery. We even managed a walk on the beach. We were spoilt rotten while we were there so thank you guys very much. A bonus for me is the fact that there is a lovely knitting shop in the town and they are so nice in there that I could spend hours just feeling all the loveliness of the yarns and looking at all the patterns. Clare was very patient though. This is the name of the shop.



On the 14th of this month it was Richard's 65th birthday so I am now married to an old age pensioner, not forgetting that I'm one anyway when I became 60. I find it very scarey when I think about how old we are getting, I don't think I like it at all and everything that comes with it, I really need to get into a positive mind-set and do something about it. We have started walking and try to get out every day. We have just got back from one and it was an amazing view of the mountains today, they look very close and they have certainly got their wedding gowns on and the sun was glinting and making a myriad of colours of pink and purple and silver. We said we needed our friend Brian here because he takes wonderful photos and , having the correct lens, which we of course haven't. We also saw deer in the fields, it was all rather magical and makes you feel alive. Anyway, going back to Richard's birthday, our little cat, Sophie came up on the bed and decided she would help him open his presents. She was so pleased to have us back, though she has had a lovely holiday with a friend of ours up the road, so much so, that we can't get her to go outside now, she prefers living indoors in front of the fire.
We are now of course missing our beautiful grandchildren, we spent some lovely days with them and Vicki and Bill and managed to see a few nativity plays at the schools which was an added bonus. I am so pleased we were there to see them. Thanks so much for having us stay for so long, I do realise it's a bit of a squeeze having us all there and as William says, I do snore when I'm sleeping in his room with him. Bless him. Out of the mouths of babes.........

So now, back to some kind of normality and I want to do some more of my craft so hopefully you will be able to see some things I've made on here over the next few weeks. I have just sent off a couple of scarfs for the girls and they phoned me this morning to say thank you. Though they seem to be using them as reigns, belts, superman capes, anything except scarves. Still, never mind.

5 comments:

softinthehead said...

Welcome back Hazel nice to hear from you.

apple tree quilter said...

I was beginning to think you were going to winter in Britain!!! I am so envious of your time with the children and grand babies. You sound as if you had a bang-up time.

About the getting old part, remember, you are only as old as you think. Right now, I'm 45! Isn't that wonderful for a 62 year-old broad? I understand what you are saying, the body seems to be holding you hostage and the mind sometimes forgets it belongs to you. So just live it up and enjoy the ride, you have longevity running in your family!!!!!

aims said...

Hey - you're back! And your blog looks really pretty!

So glad you had such a wonderful time. That means so much to us old folk.

Looking forward to seeing what you are up to with your crafts.

I'm just getting my knitting room back together after 10 months - long story - and I'm so excited. It will take another week or so to have it all ready again to my liking - but that's okay. I can see an end in sight.

Let's compare our stuff when I get going again - okay?

Vixbil said...

They are now using them as scarves, in fact wearing them all the time.

Can't believe how big Sophie is now too.

Love you loads
xx

Clare said...

Sophie looks like a proper grown up cat all of a sudden?
Glad dad had a nice Birthday
Love
C
xx