Sunday 27 April 2008

Quality Time

Well here I am back at Clare's after spending 4 days with my mum and dad. It was really good to catch up with them and while I was there we spent a day with my sister for her birthday. We had a lovely meal with her and all her children and grandchildren came round to give her gifts and good wishes, so it turned out to be a lovely family party. While at mums, we did a bit of knitting because my grandchildren are needing some dolls clothes, so after we had sorted out some patterns from my sister, we came home and started. The knitting needles started clicking and the little clothes started growing and it was a contented time sitting with my mum sharing our hobbies. While we were knitting, dad was busy in his work room making a box for Clare's knitting needles. He is so happy when he is doing "stuff" and when he has any of his family there, quite different to when they are on their own, but then, I suppose we are all a bit like that. One of the things that was fun was the mornings, dad would get up and make us a cup of tea and I would hop into bed with mum and we would chat and read, just like the old days.

Today, being back at Clare's she gave me a real treat and we went in search of bluebells in a village close to where I used to live. We found them and they were fantastic, this carpet of blue especially with the contrast of the new green of beech leaves. To me, there is nothing in the world like english beech woods with bluebells and cowslips. Once we had been there, we went for a bit of shopping and some lunch. All this was done in quite a short space of time but oh! so worth it. Thank you Clare, I loved every moment. Tomorrow I am spending time with my oldest friend, we have known each other for 52 years, oh my goodness, that is frightening when I see it in black and white. We used to live next door to each other so really she is more like a sister, so I am looking forward to that; then it is back to my other daughter's and the grandchildren. Sometimes, when I am over in the UK, I wonder where I am and whose bed I am sleeping in but it is all fun. Now it is looking forward to spending time with my beautiful grandchildren again. I hope Bubbs likes the little vest I knitted for his teddy. Well actually, it is Vicki's old teddy and he is very threadbare, hence the vest.

4 comments:

dND said...

It sounds like you are having a wonderful time.

Knitting dolls clothes, I remember doing that when I was a youngster. I didn't do any for my children though but I did knit 2 carebears for the boys which were then passed onto my daughter.

It's very definitely warming up down here, I think summer is going to feel as though it is switched on overnight. Although there is lots of rain forecast I've finally switched off the heating and it's light to gone 8:30 - gorgeous

Vixbil said...

Shame your old friend can't bring you down here at some stage as it would be lovely to see my godmother
xxx
love you lots and see you soon
xx

Georgina said...

Hazel those Bluebells look amazing. Where I live in England we used to do "The Bluebell Ride" on the last Sunday in April. I miss the Bluebells. By the way I've tagged you. Pop over to mine and see what you have to do. Debs x

aims said...

Lovely pics and lovely times Hazel. You will go back home a new woman when this is all over and done. How wonderful for you and for all of yours to have you there again.