Saturday 12 April 2008

Shopping and Knitting

I had a lovely day today being out with Clare and doing some shopping, just doing "girlie" things together. We went to a lovely market town and found the most amazing wool shop and managed to buy some wool, two lots, for two of the bags in my book. Clare also managed to get some wool so she is having a go at her first project, a cushion cover and she is getting on very well. I could have stayed in that wool shop for hours, it had the most fantastic yarns in there and the owner was brilliant, very helpful and a knitter herself which always helps, so gave good advice. We also managed to have lunch out, which again was fantastic, we sat in this little old fashioned restaurant, in a window seat and people watched while eating a lovely meal.
After we got home, Clare was eager to start her project and anyone with cats will realise what happened next. Oh what fun!! for the cats that is. This is Bilbo and he turned out to be a very good knitter :-) As I am typing this, Clare is knitting away and all I can say is, it's brilliant, very even and she still has the right amount of stitches. Her cushion cover will be finished in no time, but the funny thing is, she wants to make herself a pair of socks, now for someone who has never increased or decreased and only knitted stocking stitch so far, she aims high. "That's my girl" I have no doubt that the socks will soon be on her feet.
Tomorrow we are going to see my mum and dad and Clare will take her knitting with her to show her Nan how well she is doing, because it was my mum who taught her a few weeks ago. Mum will be so pleased, she said to me it was so good to be able to teach Clare something, she just loved it.

3 comments:

pink-petal-designs said...

Hi, looking forward to seeing your knitted bags, and im glad Claire is doing well with her knitting.
Sarah x

Living the Dream said...

Hi Sarah, thank you for coming to visit my blog and yes, Clare is picking up this knitting really well. I will pop over to your blog as Clare says you make some beautiful things.
Hazel

aims said...

You know right well what I am thinking!!

However - not to be outdone - I just about finished a new bear last night!! :0)

There is something about knitting - so peaceful - dreamy - gives one a real pleasure when something has been finished.

I like the images of the three generations knitting...how lovely is that!