Saturday 19 July 2008

Could we be this lucky?

I'm afraid I'm not finding much time to write my blog but I just had to make the time for this one. Would you believe what happened to us today?? Look who arrived on our doorstep in need of a home? How very bizarre but isn't he beautiful. Our neighbours have asked around and no-one seems to know him, it seems as though he has been "dumped". He is very friendly and snuggles into your neck, he appears to be about 6-9 months old perhaps, he hasn't been neutered, so that will be the first job, but oh, how adorable. We are trying to keep him indoors at the moment to get him used to us, not easy when you want to open all the windows in the evening because it is so hot. We will not do anything for a couple of days, just in case someone claims him, then hopefully, he will be ours. He looks pure siamese, how could anyone dump him? Fingers crossed because we haven't got long before we have to take my parents back, we have 2 weeks for him to settle and the neighbours have promised to look after him when we go back to the UK for a few days.

The next photo is of "the room" which is coming along nicely. One more coat of paint, then we have to oil the beams and wax the woodwork, then stain the floor with a walnut oil and linseed which will give it a more "lived in" look. We are very happy with it and can't wait now for it to be finished. I wonder why all the finishing touches take the longest, when all you want to do is move the furniture in. Still, we have waited a long time so............... One of the good things about having this room finished is the fact that we can get rid of some of the excess furniture in all the other rooms and I can finally get my sewing cupboard out of store in a friends house. I wonder who will be the first guests to stay in there. The room is so lovely and bright I think Richard and I may use it as our room, the views from the windows are superb.

Mum and dad are still enjoying themselves and I can't believe the work my dad is doing to help Richard. Bless him, we have it planned out now that he works and does bits in the morning, then after lunch he has a sleep. We don't really want him to do anything else after that, but if he wants to we can't stop him. It is usually watering or something like that. At around 6pm, after he has had his tablets, we sit and have a "shangri-la" as dad calls it, Sangria to everyone else, and we sit and look at the mountains and he says, "I could get used to this". I can't tell you how good it is to have them here. Oh! Perhaps I have told you that already in a previous post, sorry. I will keep you posted about the cat, we need to think of a name for him, my my suggested Smokey which is quite good for him, what do you think?

3 comments:

aims said...

Smokey is a wonderful name for him!

I believe it was meant to be after losing Marmalade. He's come to sooth your hearts and tell you Marmalade is chasing mice.

I'm so happy your parents are loving it there so much. Wouldn't it be nice if......

The room Hazel! OMG! Isn't it to die for?! It is absolutely gorgeous! Oh my! oh my!

I'd be the first guest if I could get there...you better believe it!

So happy for you my friend.

Vixbil said...

Wow he is gorgeous and Smokey really suits him. The room looks amazing and I so think you and dad should use it as your bedroom you could have it as a kind of bed/living room that is all yours then you have to lovely guest rooms for other people. You could partion your bed bit off a little then still sew in there. I so think you should make the most of the view
xxxx

Living the Dream said...

Hi aims, yes I think we are calling him Smokey, and if it is meant to be, we will keep him and love him. I'm glad you like the room, we should have some better photos soon, especially once the furniture goes in. You know you will always be welcome, bring you knitting needles!! :-)