Sunday 6 July 2008

Parental Approval and Enjoyment

We have all settled down now and mum and dad, especially mum, have got their bearings and know where they are in the house and garden. Dad never had any problem, but mum, oh dear! I can see where I get it from :-) We have spent most of our time trying to get to grips with the garden, although the lawn had been mowed for us once while we were away, it was still very long and even though Richard went over it on the sit on mower, the dreadful task of raking up and wheelborrowing the mowings to the bottom of the field were a nightmare. I think we have finally got on top of that, but today it is overcast, rainy and warm. YUMMY!!! says the grass, we'll have some of that then, let's grow very quickly and come out and play!! You will see from the couple of pictures I am putting in that dad is in the "french official gardening uniform" bless him and the other one is of us sitting outside first thing in the morning with our first cup of tea and they are getting to know the cat, Marmalade, who was very pleased to see us back.



Yesterday we went to our village dinner and we had a great time even though the language was a bit of a problem. Mum and Dad can't speak any french at all but that didn't stop people coming up and making them very welcome. My dad was the oldest one there and really, you would never have known that, he looks so young. Everyone was amazed at how young they both look and I was very proud of them. The lunch lasted from 12.30 to about 5pm and then anyone who wanted, went back for the evening to finish off the food and drink, so we walked back and watched the men playing boulles, which was great fun. I would love to have had a go, perhaps next time.

Today we are taking it a little slower because we don't want to wear my dad out before the end of their stay, there is too much to do!!!!!!! :-) For any of my family and close friends reading this, mum and dad are absolutely loving it and there are no problems whatsoever, certainly no talk of coming home early, so sorry Hilary, you have their cat for the month!! I am now going to go outside because I have just peeped out of the window and Richard and Dad are sleeping and my mum is reading her book, so I think I'm missing out somewhere. Take care everyone, talk again soon.








5 comments:

Anonymous said...

hello! i am also called hazel and married to a richard too! i love this sort of coincidence. just seeing your/our name/link on flossie teacakes' blog made me come on over - we are so very rare!
take care
hazel

aims said...

Wow! Your parents really truly do look very young! Are you sure your Dad is 90?!

Please give them both a kiss on the cheek for me. I can imagine - from here - how their skin feels and smells...and oh...now that has brought up my very own memories...

So glad that you are back home and happy again Hazel. I've really missed you although I've been happy that you were visiting with family and very happy yourself.

Living the Dream said...

Hi hazel, how lovely to hear from you, and fancy you being married to a Richard as well! I tried to get to you blog and I can't, could you let me know what it is?
aims: It is good to be back and to be honest my dad isn't 90 (not until the 16 August). He is loving it which is wonderful, I have wanted them to see here for such a long time, I never thought I would see the day.

Vixbil said...

You guys sound like you are having such a great time, we love you guys
xxxxx

Debra in France said...

Hi Hazel, I am SO glad that your mum and dad are with you. You must be over the moon to be able to show them around. I bet your dad is loveing it there. Love to you all, Debra xx