Tuesday 1 July 2008

I'm still here

Just to let you all know that I am still here and will soon be posting some more photos. We are back in France and have brought my mum and dad with us, so we have been quite busy getting them settled. My dad is really enjoying himself and all our friends over here can't believe he is 90 next month. He has been helping us in the garden and is now helping Richard clear out the barn. All in his own time of course, but as my mum says "He's like a pig in muck" :-) It has been very hot here today so dad was up with the lark and we were doing various jobs in the garden before 7.30am. We worked all morning and after lunch we advised them to have a sleep for a couple of hours. When in France ....................................

Mum and I pottered around the house and I caught up with some washing because yesterday we had to go out and buy a new washing machine because mine had broken a couple of days before we left here last time, so there was a back log. Seeing we had run out of knickers, we thought we had better do some laundry!!!!!

I had my re-scan last Wednesday and I got the all clear and I don't have to go back again. Thank God for that, a nightmare over and done with. Thank you to everyone for your thoughts and prayers.

While we were in the UK last month we caught up with a lot of family and friends which we thoroughly enjoyed and we look forward to some of them coming to visit us this summer. We can't wait. Really B & D, we can't wait to have you here :-) I will send you some pictures soon Brian.

I am going now as Richard is going round locking doors, closing windows etc. The Archers has finished it is getting dark, the owls are hooting and the bats are flying; is that my book calling? perhaps it is time for bed. I will get more organised and post more often now we have our computer up and running again. Talk again soon. Night night.

4 comments:

dND said...

Welcome back Hazel, I do hope the garden wasn't too overgrown.

Do have a wonderful time with your parents and I'm so glad to hear about the all clear too.

Love
Deborah

aims said...

I've been wondering and worrying about the rescan Hazel! (you could have sent one tiny little small hardly any words email to me you know)

On the other hand - don't you just love a new washing machine?!

And - it is so obvious how delighted you are to be home again.
Visiting with family after a long break can be so much fun - but there really isn't anything like home is there?

And btw - this time round - you have to answer the comments left here...

Living the Dream said...

Hi Deborah, Thanks for the welcome back. So far we are having a great time and my dad is thoroughly enjoying himself. The garden wasn't too bad, a neighbour had mown the lawn but oh! the weeds!
aims: sorry to have worried you. When in the UK, staying at my parents, we don't have a computer so it is rather difficult. It is wonderful to be back and quite special having my mum and dad here with us. I didn't realise I had to comment on my own page, sorry, I will do in the future. Have a good break, look forward to catching up with your story later

aims said...

You don't - have - to comment Hazel :0) - but it is lovely to go back and forth with the blogger. Wife in the North never comments and it makes her feel so aloof and perhaps above us all. I've never liked that - but it hasn't stopped me from reading her. Probably because of the saga of getting a book published. You know how interested in that I am!