Tuesday 2 September 2008

Bless him

I thought I had better post something but to be honest it is very difficult because Smokey just wants to be cuddled. so this is going to be short and sweet. Firstly he isn't micro-chipped so we can call him ours. He is about 1 year old so just a little baby which we had guessed at anyway......................................... Ooops, he is trying to get on my lap again and doing a bit of typing at the same time. He was still very wobbly when we brought him home and we can't feed him till tomorrow. To be honest, I'm not used to little boys and he looks a bit of a mess in his back end, but I'm sure that's what it is supposed to be like? Don't want to get too personal but I thought his bits would have gone? Does that take a few days? All he wants is cuddles so guess who didn't cook the dinner?? I will write more later and perhaps have a photo or two. He seems OK though. Bless them, they soon become your family don't they?? I will keep you posted. Night night one and all, just going to cuddle my cat again.

4 comments:

aims said...

Hi Hazel! Oh - little Smokey!

I barely remember when we had Deeb fixed. But I do recall he still looked like he had 'nuts'. I remember so clearly bringing him home and I was raising my young nephew. He commented on how chubby Deeb's cheeks looked on his face. I told him that he was probably hiding his nuts in there. We still laugh about it!

So Smokey's this cuddly already! My goodness....you may never get to do anything again!

Glad to see you again Hazel!

dND said...

Poor boy, I bet he's feeling a bit sorry for himself at the moment. He should be fine by tomorrow and the swelling should go down.

I think the neuter slightly differently here - or it might be that Cid was done (in the UK) when he was younger and because one testicle hadn't dropped he looked more like the female cats as they had to open him up.

When Mr Tibbs was done here I too wondered if they had removed anything but the scar and dried blood showed that something had been done.

Have no fear he'll be even more loving tomorrow :-D

Living the Dream said...

Hi aims, thanks for being so patient with me and commenting even when I haven't on yours. I am reading it though and my heart aches for you. Smokey is just adorable and he still wants to suckle my neck when I pick him up and he dribbles with ecstacy! We love him to bits.
Hi Deborah, Thank you also for commenting on my blog when I haven't so much as left a word on yours for a while. I am still catching up on everyone but as you can imagine, coming back here after 3 weeks away, we are still trying to get on top of the garden. I have made fig and ginger jam and am now looking forward to having a go at chutney. What a busy time of year this is.

Vixbil said...

Bless
xx