Tuesday 30 September 2008

I am so lucky

Just a short post today, but I just had to tell the world how very lucky I am to have such wonderful daughters. My eldest, Vicki, had blogged yesterday just saying due to family circumstances she couldn't get out to keep a hair appointment which she desperately needed. One of the girls was unwell and couldn't go to nursery and this was the only time she could get to the hairdressers. That was all, just stating a fact.

This morning she got a call from her sister, my youngest Clare, at 8am to say that she was on her way and that Vicki should get ready to go to have her hair done. To anyone not familiar with the roads in the UK, this is a trip on the M25, in rush hour when it is usually a car park, so I'm sure Clare would have had to leave her house probably before 7am, though I don't know that for sure. Vicki kept her appointment and Clare went straight back home to work. Sisterly love, there's nothing like it. Just thinking about what she did brings a lump to my throat.

Thank you girls for being who you are and just know that I love you both very much and I'm very proud of you.

2 comments:

Vixbil said...

I love my sister too
xx

apple tree quilter said...

It is so wonderful when two sisters get along so well. I have often envied the relationship my two girls have. They talk all the time and if they lived closer, would probably see each other every week. Sad to say, I have no contact with my sister and mostly prefer it that way. I am closer to my sisters-in-law and friends than I'll ever be with her. Ron always says it was her loss and doing.