Tuesday 9 September 2008

Leek and Potato Soup Anyone?

Gosh, can you believe I'm here again. Weeks of not posting and now I seem to have verbal diarrhoea. Still a woman has to do what a woman has to do. I'm very excited because we have got a coat of stain on the floor in "the room" and Richard has cut most of the skirting boards so a little further forward.

Today has seen me planting the leeks that we bought from the market yesterday. So far I have planted 70, I chose the ones that looked the healthiest and thickest and I must still have about 30 left. The question is, do I plant them or not? 70 leeks ........ Hmmmmmm. I hope I have put them far enough apart, 6-8" and I did as they said, popped them in the hole and just watered, that's why they look all floppy. Well, I THINK that's why they look all floppy!! The significance of the old football is the fact that this is the bed where we buried our lovely border collie Dizzy and I swear her spirit comes out at night sometimes because we find the ball all over the place :-) I had a word with her and she is going to look after the leeks for us, so fingers crossed. Another of life's challenges which we will overcome I'm sure. Anyone for leek and potato soup in a few month's time???? While I was out there Smokey came along to keep an eye on me but I think he got rather bored. He just follows us everywhere and even while Richard was staining the floor he was in there with him.
Because I have posted a few times in the last week there isn't an awful lot more for me to chat about so I had better go and catch up with everyone elses news. See you soon. Hello to all my family who are reading this. Miss you guys and love you lots. Jess, Smokey says hello.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hia Hazel, thanks for visiting my blog. I've nearly got a craft room too. Hubby is sanding the floor on and off as energy allows. Sooo I am perched in the living room with my sewing machine on a chair getting a crick in my neck! LOL This si why I have some ideas for little hand projects for a while. I've just blogged about a felt wall hanging for a good cause.

aims said...

Oooh! Melanie came to visit you too! How lovely Hazel!

That is a ton of leeks girl! I sure hope you like leek soup! However - I don't have a clue how to plant them or anything about them. Did you google it?

Smokey is a darling isn't he? And I was really interested in the ball and your dear dog. Very interesting Hazel!

Now - don't stop blogging just because you have posted a couple rather quickly. You've been away so long and.....

Vixbil said...

Smokey is sooo cute
xx