Sunday 2 March 2008

Happy Mother's Day

A very happy mother's day to all you mums out there, and especially to my wonderful mum, the best in the world. Very difficult not being able to see her on this special day and even more so not being able to see my girls, but I had my little "stash" waiting for me. Like a child I opened them up and of course, I had to take some photos. I had a lovely book which has some fantastic patterns in and I knew I was getting that and I also had a packet of felt so I can do all sorts of "crafty" things. Well Clare called me and while we were chatting she asked me if I had looked at the book and I said I hadn't because I had seen it at a friends house, which is why I wanted it. Well she was quiet so I knew I then had to go and look, so hot-footed to pick up the book. What a treat! She had obviously taken some time to look through and marked various pages...... There was ... so cute and I like this one, I could put lots of "stuff" in this one, and various other little ditties. All I need to do now is get a stash of wool, something which I don't have. Plenty of fabric, but no wool. While I was talking to Clare I was standing by the pond in the garden and was thrilled to bits to see a newt, the first one I have seen since we have been here.

Vicki called me while I was having a cup of tea in bed this morning, early for us but even earlier for her, that's what comes of having 3 children, a wonderful boy of 3 and beautiful girl identical twins of 1.

My boy came on and wished me happy mother's day as well and it is just glorious talking to him on the phone because sometimes he will chat away and then you know he has handed the phone back to mummy because it's "your turn now mummy". The girls try and talk to me and "natter" away and I am told they wave to me all the time. If there was a screen on the phone, the girls would see that nannie is waving to them as well. The things we do........

After speaking with my girls I then called my mum and had a long chat with her. She is fine but I wish I could be with her today. I was telling her about my book and we were giggling about all the little stickers that were in there.
Our cat Marmalade had an operation yesterday because she had a couple of tumours on her teats, and when we carried her outside this morning so she could go to the loo, I just went back indoors to make sure her bed was OK and she vanished and we haven't seen her again today. I expect she has found somewhere to hide because she is probably hurting, but I wish she would come home because she needs food and medication, not forgetting tlc. We have looked everywhere but with no luck and it is dark now and quite late so she won't be coming back tonight. The trouble is she is a little bit wild because she lived here while the house was empty for quite a few years, we inherited her when we bought this house, but one side of her really wants to be cuddled by a human and she is getting better, but obviously needs her own space. I hope she will be alright, but I think it's going to be a long night. I do hope she will come back tomorrow.
Thank you for dropping by and I will talk to you all again soon.

4 comments:

dND said...

What a lovely book, well that's you sorted for the next few months then, renovating won't get a look in!

I do hope Marmalade is back with you soon, it's so worrying when the don't check back in when expected.

Vixbil said...

Love the book too, hope Marmalade back soon.xx

aims said...

The poor darling - why do animals do that? Especially when we can help them so much! She'll be back soon - she probably thinks you did this to right now...

As for the knitting - aha!! that sure brought a smile to my face - you know that! I'm not going to tell you I have tons of wool - real wool - that would felt ever so nicely.....

Living the Dream said...

Hi dnd, the book is wonderful I just hope I can knit some of them. Not sure how I will line them though. I could do with aims over here for a while, we could make real good use of her couldn't we?

Hi aims, Marmalade is back, she turned up this morning none the worse for wear. Kept her close by us today bless her. You little tease, telling me you have lots of wool, I don't have any!! Why don't you live closer?