Monday 31 March 2008

Tag -Here You Go

Gosh this is going to be a hard post today because I have been tagged for the first time and by my daughter Party of 5. I may have to have a word with her later :-) As I said, this is the first one I have had so here are the rules:

Link to the person who tagged you.
Post the rules.
Share six non-important habits/quirks about yourself.
Tag three other people.

So here goes, Ummmmm.........Errrrrrrr

1. This one is on both my daughters quirks as well because it seems to be a family thing. I have always said if I was rich I would have clean sheets every day, I just love them especially when they have been dried outside and the smell of the fresh air hits you as you snuggle down.

2. When I butter bread or toast, I HAVE to have the spread to the edges and it becomes quite an art. I hate dry bread, in fact, I'm not a great lover of bread at all, so when I do eat it, it has to be perfection.

3. I panic dreadfully when people are coming, the girls laugh at me because even though the house may not need dusting, hoovering, I will still do it again, toilets, sink, dusting, polishing, you name it, if it stands still long enough it will get a feather duster over it. The silly thing is, I know it doesn't really matter, because people should take you as you are. This leads well into the next one.

4. I have no self confidence at all and this stops me from doing so many things you just can't imagine. I won't drive anywhere I don't know because I panic of getting lost, does it matter? No.
I perhaps don't start a project because I don't think I can make it, could I? Probably. When I meet people, I stand back because I'm not happy with myself and I'm worried that they won't like me, who should care? Not me. I could go on but I won't, this one is a bit boring.

5. Again, if I had the money I would definately have fresh flowers in the house all the time. In fact I did in the UK, but over here in France I am very disappointed because cut flowers are so expensive.

6. I was struggling with this last one and I asked Richard and my youngest daughter and they have come up with one each so you have an extra one. Richard says I couldn't find my way out of a paper bag, which is true, my sense of direction is zilch. In fact when I am walking down a high street and turn into a shop, when I come out, I can't remember whether to turn left or right to carry on with the way I was originally going!! Clare says I make a mean pavlova and all the family parties we go to, that is my speciality.

Now to tag 3 people and I too am sorry to have to do this, but firstly it will be aims because her blog is just a gripping book about her life. Incredible. The second one is dnd, I just admire her so much with what she is doing and also, she is not very far from us in France and one day, we may just meet up with her and the third one is flossie teacakes, it was Florence who insisted I started this blogging lark and thanks to her I have found some wonderful friends in the blogging family. Sorry Florence because I know you have been tagged many times before.

There that is done, oh! I also won't go out without making my bed and I won't leave washing up, although Richard does that bless him. It sounds as though I am a house proud person, I'm certainly not that, I believe a house should be lived in, not a show home, just as well if you could see the way we are living over here at the moment.

2 comments:

softinthehead said...

So this year you must grow some flowers so that you will have some in the house all the time, who needs money. No excuses now. Pavlova is my all time favourite desert unfortunately I don't make it very often because I will eat most of it !! :)

aims said...

Well now Hazel - you will have to wait until the story is done - or until I start another blog...which won't be soon...

I have finally decided I must complete my book - so have a new routine where I must write at least 1000 words a day on The Wailing - not on my blog - and The Man reads it when he gets home from work...

So this has changed my routine a lot but I plan to stick to it...the book must be finished...as I think a publisher would be interested in it...

So - you see - you're just going to have to wait..I can't even think of 6 quirky things about me at the moment...:0)

except for the fact that I absolutely HATE word verifications!